Monday 27 June 2011

Juicy Couture Juicy Couture Perfume Review



My 100ml botttle is from MEDIPLUS Islamabad for $78
Oh how I love Juicy couture. I know. I know, their tacky candy colored overpriced track suits aside, they make cute stuff. And their perfumes are very very nice (to my nose anyway) I got my bottle of their very first perfume release last year. I had a love hate relationship with it for quite a while. It was love at first sight when I saw the gorgeous bottle. Very old school, and comes with a bracelet with charms and I loved it at first sniff. It was summertime when I bought it and very hot and humid. When I put it on for the first time, I liked the opening, but then the scent became too thick, laden with a very strong tuberose note. It was all tuberose for me from the beginning till the end, and I hated it, and got bored with the stuffy old lady smell. I had lost all hopes for it, when in the winters, I gave it another try. OMG! IT WAS GREAT.I could actually smell other notes that everyone kept talking about. The caramel/creme brulee came out the loudest and I could almost taste the burnt/bitter sugar on top of creme brulee. Love it.Very cozy for the winters. Just dont touch it if you live in very hot humid climes. Lasts up to 12 hours on my skin.    



                       


CATEGORY: Fruity Floral
Perfume notes:-
TOP NOTES: Passion fruit, watermelon, green apple, hyacinth, Mandarin Orange
MIDDLE NOTES: Tuberose, Lily, Rose hip
BASE NOTES: Patchouli, Vanilla, precious woods and caramel, creme brulee
This was awarded FIFI fragrance of the year 2006
  I would also like to explain to people who are new to perfumes that top notes are what you smell the minute you spray on the perfume. Top notes stay with you for 5 to 10 minutes in most cases. Middle notes tend to stay for more than an hour or two, sometimes more, depending on the ingredients used. The base notes are which lingers the longest on your skin, and you can smell them as the perfume fades away.
GOOD FOR: Winters and people who like heavy white florals/gourmands.



Some Images from Google

6 comments:

Segments of Life said...

I'm dying to get this!! It's in my wish list, so definitely will get it soon...as soon as I manage to save up money without spending it impulsively. I love your blog by the way. I'm obsessed with perfumes, so glad to find a good blog directed towards mostly perfume! :)

Pandora`s Box said...

Thank you segments of life. It`s always a pleasure to meet another fragaholic. A dying breed we are not! :) And yes,I think this one is the classiest of all JC`s releases.Love how thick and delicate it is at the same time.The mandarin orange balances the sweetness of caramel and tuberose perfectly. And loove the hyacinth note in this.

Aarthi said...

Wow.. I must try this one :D

Pandora`s Box said...

@Aarthi put it on your test list. I`m sure you would like it. It`s lovely for the colder months. Thanks for stopping by.

Zatheela said...

Sri Lanka is so hot.. SO HOT! Bad idea? but i usually use perfumes at night :P will this work?

Pandora`s Box said...

@ ZatZ just spray it with a very light hand and the tuberose will just bloom on your skin.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...