Sunday 3 July 2011

Britney Spears Fantasy Perfume Review

Gaudy bottle check, teeny bopper  celebrity endorsement check, Way outta my comfort zone check. Did it stop me   from buying a bottle, emm...no.


This bottle is probably the ugliest  least favorite in my collection. Barbie pink with green swarovski crystals and a cheap looking plastic cap. Fantasy is the second release from Britney Spears under Elizabeth Arden. This is a very sweet gourmand. In perfume world, a gourmand scent is when the perfumer has used edible notes in making of  the perfume.



With time, I have come to really appreciate Fantasy. Despite the name and the gaudy bottle, Elizabeth Arden has done a very good job with it. I find my self reaching out for this a lot in spring and winters. It starts off fruity and then becomes creamier and creamier with time. The juicy kiwi note is the strongest on my skin and stays for a long time. The longevity of this perfume is amazing. I smell white chocolate and raspberries in the heart


 and the dry down is soft vanilla/cupcake accord and orris root. I failed to smell any jasmine or other flowers. Apply with a very light hand as its quite strong and can get too sweet if applied too much. It`s a must for gourmand lovers.
It literally grew on me. From ridiculing to loving, I have learned my lesson.
  This perfume`s claim to fame was the use of cupcake accord :) I think that`s cute.

Perfume Notes:- 
Top Notes: Kiwi, Red Litchi
Middle Notes: White chocolate, Jasmine and Orchid             
Base Notes: Musk, Cupcake Accord, Orris root, Woodsy Notes.    

GOOD FOR: Colder months, And people with a sweet tooth :)

After the success of fantasy she came up with these flankers below.

(From Left to right) Fantasy, Hidden Fantasy, Midnight Fantasy and Circus Fantasy
Image courtesy of google



GOURMAND SCENTS:   The trend of Gourmand scents was started by Thierry Muglar when he came up with  the infamous perfume ANGEL  in 1994. Thierry Mugler asked the perfumers to create a perfume that possesses the smell of a tender childhood memory at the fair, with notes of cotton candy, caramel, vanilla and chocolate.
The main notes of the fragrance are:
Bergamot, Jasmin, red currant, dewberry, honey, patchouli, vanilla, coumarine, chocolate and caramel.
For the sugary note of the cotton candy they used Maltol what makes an interesting combination with Helional an ozonic note resembling the electric ozonic smell around the bumping cars on the fair. For the jasmin note they used Hedione that has an aroma of jasmin and magnolia.
                   Another note used in some gourmand fragrances is almond milk and vanilla.Other notes used in gourmands are Coffee, Tea or Green tea, Cumcumber, Coconut etc  but also notes of whiskey or cognac. And of course the spices like cinnamon, nutmeg, coriander etc. ( source erfumemaking.blogspot.com/2006/07/gourmand-fragrances.html )

16 comments:

Unknown said...

Loving the bottle :D

Su said...

Isn't it true to never judge a perfume by its celebrity?! I know a lot of people who hate Brittany but love Fantasy :)

Love the picture of cup cakes to go with the bottle! Great review too :)

Pandora`s Box said...

@iheartmexoxo to each his own sweetie :)

@ Su Thanx su :)You are so right. Never to judge a perfume by it`s celebrity or by it`s bottle :)

Sara said...

Girl, stop tempting me with your perfume reviews :) <3

beautydiva said...

Your new follower :) Nice blog & good work. Do visit me at www.beautydivaindia.blogspot.comYour new follower :) Nice blog & good work. Do visit me at www.beautydivaindia.blogspot.com

Pandora`s Box said...

@ Sara.H The goal is, to gradually convert you into a perfumista ;)
@ Beautydiva thanks for stopping by

Zatheela said...

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhh i was thinking of buying this next time i shop for perfumes! :)

Nice to see the review im so glad! well about abt summer time? would you recommmend it?

Pandora`s Box said...

@ZatZ This is a VERY sweet scent.If you have a mild summer in your part of the world go ahead. Where I come from, the summers are very hot and humid and a sweet perfume is not very refreshing.

Christine said...

I love this perfume, it smells so amazing ^^

Love Christine ♥

Clare said...

You're right to not judge a perfume by its bottle or namebrand. And I agree with Su that it goes very will with cupcakes:D It reminds me that I recently purchased Faith Hill True for $9.99. I was so surprised at myself because I almost *never* buy celeb frags, but I actually like it, lol. Thanks for the post,
~Clare

Pandora`s Box said...

Your welcome Clare. And yes,Faith hill true really is very nice. A fresh summer scent.

Segments of Life said...

One of my favorites!! :D

Makeup and macaroons said...

Hi, thanks for your comments on my blog and for the follow.

I actually quite like the Fantasy range too, I have the original, Midnight and Hidden. Midnight is probably my favourite... I just don't pay any regard to who's name is on the bottle, as long as I like the smell I'll buy it.

Lilit
xo

Pandora`s Box said...

Welcome Lilit a.k.a macaroon queen:)O yes Midnight is like blueberries and cream. I`m glad you are enjoying your collection.

Areej Usman said...

Hello Pandora's Box! Great to have a co Blogger from my city :) Good to know u:)

Its a surprise I also never came across u !

Now I am following u back too :)

What are ur major interests in blogging ?

sadee said...

i dont like britney but these bottles looks great

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...