Thursday 2 February 2012

Vera Wang Princess Perfume Review

Princess by Vera Wang. I'm sure most of you either have it, sniffed it, or have heard about it. This is a very popular perfume, and the first one in Vera Wang's princess series. Princess  is supposedly geared towards 18-24 year olds, but I for one do not believe in fragrances having an age restriction. I say wear whatever scent makes you happy, and gels with your skin chemistry. 
Vera Wang: Radiant. Whimsical. Born to Rule!
Created for the modern day Princess, this sheer, fruity floral fragrance is definitely born to rule! The scent sparkles with the captivating, sweet, tart aroma of delicate lady apples and the coveted tahitian tiare flower and finishes with a tasty vanilla chiffon - a treat fit for royalty!

A few years back I fell in love with this fragrance which consists of Juicy guava, pink frosting and dark chocolate among other notes. I had purchased a small bottle, and had very quickly used it all up. I am sooo happy, when the other day, my cousin gave me a huge bottle in a gift set as an early birthday present.
  It comes with a huge tub of velvety body butter that smells just like the perfume...

 Love the bottle...



The cap comes studded with purple stones.
 You can wear it as a ring, or pair it with the cute little crown cap and wear it in a chain around your neck.
google image

I remember how surprised I was the very first time I smelt this perfume. I was expecting something very candy like, sweet and vibrant. But this princess is very soft spoken, somewhat shy and  probably likes  to adorn herself in gauzy sheer chiffons and delicate lace.
Princess to me is a little bit of powder, a little bit floral and a little bit gourmand.
Sweet fluffy frosting, with hints of dark chocolate that you want to stick your finger into and lick off. 
 If you are looking for a soft fruity/ floral gourmand, but the overpowering sweetness of most celebrity scents gives you a toothache, then give princess a whiff. You won't be disappointed. Lotus, tiare flower, guava and dark chocolate are most detectable on my skin. It is blended very well with the floral notes, hence preventing it from being too foody or vanillary. I don't find it fruity at all, just a watery light guava mingled with florals and chocolate.
The pretty lilac color matches this soft scent perfectly. Use it with a light hand, as it is very long lasting, and this princess can turn into it's evil, ugly sister if sprayed too much. 
Princess is what fairy tales are made of. Wearing this makes me feel like part of a fairytale, and everything seems to end happily ever after:)


Perfume Category: Oriental floral
Top Notes: Apricot, Mandarin Orange, Apple, Waterlily
Middle Notes: Tuberose, Guava, Dark chocolate, Tiare flower
Base Notes: Amber, Vanilla, Woodsy Notes.
google image

Flankers: Preppy princess, Rock princess, Flower princess, Glam princess.
google image
Coming soon.... Bored princess, crazy princess, emo princess ( kidding)


And the latest...PrincessNight
google image



Vera Wang
Princess is available worldwide at most department and perfume stores. Prices vary.
Images: Blogger's own and google images.

27 comments:

Ruqaiya Khan said...

WOW!! Such a lovely bottle! A must have for every princess :)

R.ChamberofBeauty said...

such a beautiful bottle, love the packaging.

Zatheela said...

actually i hvnt used this as yet.. so now i know wot my next bday gift sud b :P

Nayab said...

OMG i love that you can wear the bottle cap as a ring! Such a unique idea. As always love the packaging :) and I heard that Leighton Meester is their newest Vera Wang ambassador, dunno for what scent though .

Sara said...

I would get this just for its adorable packaging! Great review <3

Kiran said...

Priness is one of my favourite perfumes!! I absolutely love it! I think all Vera Wang are beautiful! If you Princess then check out Anna Sui - Sui Dreams...that perfume is gorgeous too and comes in really cute packaging. xx

Anonymous said...

i love, own and am wearing this perfume right this second ;-)

Unknown said...

i love this perfume it on my repurchase list!

Unknown said...

I love the smell.
~Jazmin

Pandora`s Box said...

@Ruqaiya Khan: Very well put :) It sure is.

@Rakhshanda: It was quite popular when first launched :)

@Zathy: I know you would love it. What a beautiful perfume to ask for your birthday.

@Nayabloves: yes isn't it :) I think Leighton Meester worked in one of the ads for lovestruck perfume. I may be wrong.

@Sara. H: Yes,I'm a sucker for pretty packaging too :) This one is really cute.

@Cherry Lane: I will surely check out Sui dreams. Love Anna Sui.

@CottonCandyInk: what a nice coincidence. Enjoy your day :)

@Iheartmexo: It was on mine too, until a very generous cuz gave me this set :)

@Hunter87:So many fan of this scent. I'm glad you enjoy it.

DrPoisonIvyBeautyBlog said...

omg!!i love d packaging :)

Antalya City Blog said...

Thank you very much for visiting my blog. We are happy to see our Pakistani brothers and sisters in Turkey.

Love from Antalya, Turkey.

SAHAR said...

ohhh my God such a lovely bottle....

Monsterchen said...

oh i have to confess i´m a damned collector when it comes to fragrances and beautiful bottles like that, oh gosh especially the cap ring is adorable but i haven´t tried princess, i will do so tomorrow!
wish you a fantastic weekend!
love and kiss,mary
http://maryloucinnamon.blogspot.com

Effy said...

Oh, thanks for your comment on my blog!

i LOVE this blog! :)

xoxo

http://stefyhepburn.blogspot.com/

Karo said...

I love this packaging! Great review!
I like your blog :)
have a nice day :)

Sandra Leiva said...

I love this perfume! <3

Mary M. said...

I've heard about this perfume before, I've always wanted to tryy it!! You have a great blog, I'm glad I've come across to it!I was wondering if you would like to check and/or follow my blog. If so, please let me know so I can follow you on Google Friend Connect :)

Love, Mary
http://teenfashiondiary.blogspot.com/

Kate said...

I love this perfume! Great review.

Anonymous said...

I've heard of it before & I've heard it smells good, & the bottle is so preeetty! lol

http://thedollardollhouse.blogspot.com/

Unknown said...

I may try it! The bottle is really lovely and I love the ring and charm you get with it! xo

Mila de Illusoire said...

Lovely post, I love you blog!:-)
Would you like to follow each other? M.
http://illusoireblog.blogspot.com/

♥ Sadie ♥ said...

I have this too, i love the smell but don't find it lasts too long :(. Great review x

AndreiaSalim said...

Your blog is awesome! ;)) I love this post! :)

Glamarama said...

I agree with the above comment. I've always been drawn to this perfume because of the bottle, but i'm not a big fan of the scent:(. I would love to own it just because of the bottle though:p

Gent-N-Divas Style said...

I agree with being drawn to a perfume because of the bottle. And I also believe in no matter the recommended age wear it if you like it.

eula_w said...

My goodness! I will keep an eye out for this perfume - sounds amazing! Thanks for sharing! :)

human pheromones

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...