Friday 28 October 2011

L de Lolita Perfume Review

Would you like to step into the world of fairy tale fragrances with me....?























Enchanted.....?

Lolita Lempicka is the pseudonym of Josiane Maryse Pividal, a French fashion designer. The pseudonym is meant to be an homage to the novelist Vladimir Nabokov famed for his novel 'Lolita' and the Art Deco painter Tamara de Lempicka.
The house of Lolita Lempicka was established in 1983, as a line of women's fashions, and Bridal designs inspired by fairy tales, princesses and the romantic fashions of times past.We can see that inspiration in her perfumes.
Take some time out and visit her site HERE 
Famed for it's fairy-tale unique bottles, Lolita lempicka has introduced us to the world of fantasy and enchantment through her remarkable scents. 

Lolita Lempicka



Today, I will be reviewing a beautiful perfume from her collection called L de Lolita. 

This is what Lolita has to say about this gorgeous perfume: A treasure from the depths of the sea: Like a randomly shaped pebble, the aquamarine bottle is in the form of a heart and beckons to be held. This jeweled bottle protects different treasures from the depths of the sea in its golden net…

A mythical mermaid protected by the sea 
After creating a fairytale for women, Lolita Lempicka transports us to a legendary world of a dangerously feminine myth. Between desire and abandon, it reveals an enigmatic femininity, that attracts and bewitches. "This is the fragrance that I have always dreamt of. The fragrance that is true to the memories of my skin gently kissed by the sun and the waves, it leaves a taste of salt on my lips, my everlasting fragance". Lolita Lempicka.

My Review:
I have this beautiful fragrance in a 10ml roller ball which comes in a vial that reminds me of gently lapping waves, the cap a golden net, and a beautiful bejeweled  L charm dangling from it of buried treasure under the sea.
 A whimsical work of art. This is the second perfume from designer Lolita Lempicka and is a combination of Bergamot, Bitter orange, Vanilla, Everlasting flower, Cinnamon bark, Tonka Bean, sandalwood and Musk. Like changing tides, the notes in this scent change seamlessly once applied. It is very well blended and the bitter orange and bergamot is creamy, not overpowering. I do get some warm cinnamon with just a hint of salted caramel. I must say the nautical theme in the advertisements and of the bottle is not misleading. There is a slightly salty note in this perfume that does remind you of the sea. I don't know where the salt is coming from, but the website says it's the immortal/everlasting flower that lends the perfume it's salty beachy note. The musk balances out the rich comforting vanilla sweetness of this enchanting perfume and lends a perfect finishing note. It's a deliciously sweet/spicy and comforting scent for when it's chilly outside. the longetivity is 10+ hours on me.
Perfume Category: Oriental Vanilla
Top Notes: Bergamot, Bitter Orange, Cinnamon Bark
Middle Notes: Everlasting Flower, Vanilla 
Base Notes: Tonka Bean, Mysore Sandalwood and Musk

Truly magical.....I think this perfume is exactly how a mermaid should smell like....


Images by google

23 comments:

sadee said...

this look so gorgeous thank you for sharing with us

Zatheela said...

WOW! this is soooooooo beautiful :)

Nayab said...

Once again the bottle makes me want to buy it! :p

Anonymous said...

i own one of these, but don't know the name of it. lol

Pandora`s Box said...

@ SadeeStyle Glad you liked it

@ZatZ Smells really good too, you should try it.

@nayabloves haha! I'm a sucker for pretty bottles too

@CottonCandyINK *shriek* you have committed an absolute crime in forgetting the name.The perfume police is out to get you girl lol :)

Nivedita said...

Perfumes are something I'm not really obsessed about. I love all sunny smells. But these look so lovely.

Sidrah!!!! said...

I have the de Lolita Lempicka one that my friend gifted to me for my bday, it smells really pretty!

Rakhshan said...

just Luuuurve Lolita Lempicka scents..they're 'magic in a bottle' literally!!
excellent post!!:)x

Su said...

I heart the packaging of the LL. Takes you on a fantasy ride for sure :) All the pictures are so whimsical :)

Great review of L de Lolita Lempica! It is all lemon cake on me! I also like the original, licorice in it is so nice :) I don't currently have a bottle of either, would love to get a 10 ml roller ball too :)

Pandora`s Box said...

@Nivedita: Haha! Good for you. It's not a good obsession trust me :P Yes the bottles are gorgeous.

@Sidrah: I love it too. WHat a wonderful gift for your birthday.

@Rakhshan:Perfect description 'Magic in a bottle' Thanks for stopping by.

@Su I just tested the SI Lolita. It's not a gourmand and very different from the others. It's light and fresh and the bottle is soooo beautiful. A four leaf clover and looks way better than the pictures. How about getting a miniature set that has all three? Tempted? ;)

Viya ;) said...

OMG!!!!!! totallllyyy like fairyland shaz! :) :)
Beeaauutiiiful post! :) :)
It was sooo 'magical' looking at all those pictures :D :D

Shang J. said...

Is this bottle even real O_O I will feel like a fairy when I own this perfume.

Eesh said...

These sound divine!! And the bottles are so darling omg i would buy them just for the bottles

Sara said...

Hey girl! You are amazing! Whenever people ask me where to find perfume reviews, I direct them to your blog right away. <3 I am really proud of you. Brilliant post! ^^

caise said...

those bottles are amazing!
thanks for sharing

HeidiDee said...

Those were some of the most fabulous bottles I've ever seen! I've never heard of them before, but now I'm itching to try one out!

http://confessionsofabeauty-holic.blogspot.com/

Nazia said...

Fantastic review! Very in-depth and I love the gorgeous images you posted up. The bottles are so pretty.

Unknown said...

Oh yeah I'm definitely enchanted by all this amazing bottles of perfumes. Seriously gorgeous.


<3 Marina
Fashion.MakeUp.LifeStyle

Flaviana Boni said...

cool bottles!

Check out my new outfit post!
MY BLOG: Dress up for armageddon

Unknown said...

I love the bottles! But I don't quite like the scent LOL

Fakhra's said...

Oh Gosh, what a collection, lovely, am going almost "Beehoosh" :O

super post

<3

Pandora`s Box said...

@viya: Thanks for stopping by viya yes these are fairy tale like. You being an archi student must know all about Art Deco.

@Shang J: lol yes these do look too fragile to be real. I'm sure you will. Let me know what you think of it when you do.

@Eesh: I am guilty of the same crime lol

@Sara H: Awww! Thank you so much ur compliment made my day. It means a lot coming from you.

@caise: Thanks for stopping by

@habbott: i'm sure you will like the juice inside too. Let me know which one you prefer.

@Nazia: i', glad you liked my lil review. Drop by again soon.

@Marina: Loved to be able to share with you hon.

@Flaviana Boni: Thanks for stoping by

@katherine: Aww! really?That's too bad. Which one do you not like?

@Fakhra: Lolita Lempicka has undoubtedly the most amazing bottles. Works of art.

pandora ireland said...

I'm definitely enchanted by all this amazing bottles of perfumes. Seriously gorgeous.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...